Date:      Tue, 24 May 2011 10:14:22 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng how-to

--1Ly9fPFUReNfSsPe

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:04:53AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>=20
> I wanted to give a quick whirl to pkgng on a test machine that I am setti=
ng up,
> but got a little bit puzzled about how to actually use it :-)
> That is, after some googling I know what its goals are, what its features=
 are,
> where to get a snapshot and some such.  But I really couldn't find how to=
 get
> started with it and how to use it for basic day-to-day needs.  Maybe I ju=
st
> didn't look hard enough.
>=20
A good starting point is the announcment mail sent to current some time
ago:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-March/023674.html

Not sure if bapt's slides from BSDCan are available online yet.

-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org
Prediction is very difficult