Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:12:30 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@auss2.alcatel.com.au>
To:        crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Deadlock on -stable

"David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu> wrote:
> (I ask since this is a really nasty program, using semaphores,
>shared memory, file locking, mmap()-ed files, file locking, etc.)

It's worthwhile noting that there are a variety of bugs in the
semaphore code.  (I have fixes, but haven't tested them yet).  Most of
these only affect boundary conditions, but there is one case where
semop() can return (with an error) after processing part of the sops
array without rolling back.  None of the bugs should lead to panic's
though.

There was a bug where the semaphore code could tread on innocent
kernel memory, but that was fixed just before 3.1-RELEASE.

Peter