Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:29:51 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Announcing DragonFly BSD!

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:00:48AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:

> I hope Dragonfly will produce the same kinds of synergies with the FreeBS=
D=20
> Project that our ongoing relationships with NetBSD, OpenBSD, and various=
=20
> Linux projects have.  I'm especially interested in seeing you succeed wit=
h=20
> your package management goals, where many other attempts have failed in
> that area.

BEEP BEEP - Manager Alert! - BEEP BEEP - Manager Alert! - BEEP BEEP

Sorry Murray, but there is no excuse for the use of the word "synergies" on
any project where common sense and straight talking are the norm. :-)

P.S. - the packaging stuff is very similar to thoughts I've had on the=20
subject derived from the conversations about the installer a few weeks back=
.=20
There may be some crossover here, so I'm keen to get on board there too, bu=
t=20
it'll be interesting to see who else gets on board. ;-)
=20
--=20
Paul Robinson