Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:24:01 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@freebsd.org>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Auto bus scan for aic driver...

I do not have an aic card, but I would be interested to know if this patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/aic.diff

.. works or not.  It was ported from a change to the vpo driver, which was
in turn adapted from the umass driver rescan code.  Please make sure that
you take the camcontrol rescan out of your pccard.conf before testing it,
or the test could give a false positive.  aic is the odd one out at the
moment - all the other pluggable scsi devices self-scan.

I am unclear about one thing.. the ordering of the rescan and the final
initialization calls.  I think it is right, but it may be necessary to move
things around a bit.

Cheers,
-Peter