Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:25:08 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   no pam_nologin.so found ... ouch :-(

Excuse the lack of detail.  No mouse
on the console here at the colo...
so no cut 'n paste.

I'm running 5.2-RELEASE on this server.

After cvsup/buildworld/buildkernel/
installkernel/reboot/installworld
(but *no* mergemaster) ... remote
access has failed.  This is on yesterday's
source (Mar 3, 1037 CST (US)) post the TCP
Advisory, and a GENERIC kernel.  The tags
were RELENG_5_2 and src-all ...

/var/log/messages says:

sshd: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_nologin.so found

However, "ls -l /usr/lib" shows that "pam_nologin.so"
is a symlink to pam_nologin.so.2

I've just finished a mergemaster, and am rebuilding
world on another virtual terminal.  What FAQ did I miss?
I saw nothing in UPDATING (pam.conf is gone some time
ago....)

I'd really like to go home sometime tonight...
anyone got a few minutes to shed some light?

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.