Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 01:38:36 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        f-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   after one 'apm -z', machine locks up on 2d use

i am trying apm(d) w/ dell i5000e after the recent bios
update. so far standby works, multiple times w/o lockups
between 2 reboots; while i cannot suspend more than once
between 2 reboots.

after issuing apm -z, 2d use of apm -[Zz] locks up the machine;
only solution is to power cycle & fsck. this is problem only
w/ suspend but not standby. i went in standby mode 2-3 times
w/o any ill effects, except the "ac97 reset failed" message as
noted in some other thread.

i am using freebsd 4.3 stable made in around first 2 weeks of
april; pccard (linksys pcmlm56) is whether in or out, doesn't makes
any difference. in bios, i had enabled suspend mode and standby mode,
w/ "suspend-to-ram". (other choice of suspending is to disk; i have
windows me and haven't configured anyting in particular there for
suspend-to-disk suspension.) but now that i see the 2d use of apm
locks the machine after one suspend, i have disabled the suspend
mode in bios in hopes that apm -z would fail if i try.

(on more thing, if you think that this query would be better suited
for some another mailing list, please do let me know.)