Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:55:55 +0200
From:      Denny Schierz <linuxmail@4lin.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?q?Re=3A_Network_throughput=3A_Never_get_more_than_1?= =?iso-8859-1?q?12MB/s_=FCber_two_NICs?=

Am 11.04.2011 um 16:20 schrieb Michael Loftis:

> Most switches load balance based on MAC addresses, not IP, unless it
> is routing the traffic as a Layer 3 switch then you can enable IP
> based load balancing in some of those.  Also you might simply be

that was the reason, why we disabled the loadbalancer and tested with =
plain NICs.=20

> reaching the limits of your firewall box too you haven't mentioned any
> of it's specs, nor do you seem to have run top while running the iperf
> tests.

The clients (who running iperf -c <ip>) had a load near zero, they are =
powerful machines  (Sun sparcs) with 8 cores and more. The machine, with =
4 Cores (Xeon) who is running "iperf -s", had a load round about ~0.8.

No firewall etc. between the hosts, just plain network :-)=20

cu denny=