Date:      30 Jun 2001 09:09:58 -0500
From:      dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Advice sought on Dell C600

"Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net> writes:

> Since you are not very concerned about budget.

I didn't really mean to give this impression.

> I suggest the IBM X21/T21/T22 for what you want.

[Detailed suggestions omitted.]

> Everything on the IBM laptops work well too.

Have there not been occasional problems with unpublicized firmware
changes?

> Lastly, I must ask that you try searching the archives next time.
> This question has been answered many times, and the consensus is
> always the same.

And I must ask that you refrain from such parting shots at the end of
otherwise helpful messages.  Of course I searched the archives, and
what I found there was useful.  But on the subject of a technology
that evolves as rapidly as notebook computers, last month's consensus
may be exactly wrong.  Furthermore, most of the responses I've
received to my query came by private mail.  They're not going into the
archives this time unless I summarize them to the list; can you be
sure they've appeared there before?