Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:16:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyes01@ibm.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Which ISA video card?

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> I need the name(s) of FreeBSD compatible video card(s). I could not
> find anything in the handbook or compatibility list.

Any display card is fine if you only plan to run in text mode.  If you
want to run X-windows then you will need to look at the documentation for
whichever version of X you plan to run.  The one that comes on the CD is
XFree86.

Cheers,
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Infrastructure Services         ! phone : (03) 6226 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (03) 6226 7898
University of Tasmania.         ! int'l : (+61 3)