Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:47:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Viren R.Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is the COMPAQ Smart Arry controller family now supported ?

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew N Dodd <winter@jurai.net> writes:

 Matthew> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Haider Roland wrote:
 >> There were a bunch of Compaq RAID controllers listed in the
 >> hardware controllers section, so I thougt adding disks and
 >> RAM would make them good FreeBSD machines.

 Matthew> What kind of Compaq RAID controllers do you have?

 Matthew> Currently the driver in the tree supports the PCI Smart-2,
 Matthew> Smart 31xx and Smart 221 series array controllers.

 Matthew> If you've got an IDA or IDA-2 controller I'd love to talk to you.

I just tried the 03/20 -current snapshot on an old Compaq ProLiant
2000 server . This box is currently running a -current from about Feb
1999 with a Mark Dawson's original ida driver.

This is the output I get at boot from the 03/20 SNAP:

eisa0: <EISA board> on motherboard
mainboard0: <CPQ1519 (System Board)> on eisa0 slot 0
eisa0: unknown card CPQ6101 (0x0e116101) at slot 5
ida0: <Compaq SMART array controller> at 0x6c88-0x6c9e, irq 15 (level)
ida0: on eisa0 slot 6
panic: ida_wait: incorrect qcb returned

Does the driver in 5.0-current actually support this card? I'd be
happy to help debug/test the driver if there is any interest in having
this supported.

 Matthew> | Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |

Thanks
Viren
--
Viren Shah                    | "No amount of source-level verification
Research Associate, RST Inc.  |  or scrutiny will protect you from using