Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:26:33 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux-mozilla-1.0_1 and linux-sun-jdk-1.4.0.01 crashes?

Hi,
has anybody succes with using linux-mozilla-1.0_1 together with
linux-jdk-1.4.0.01 ?
Mozilla just silently crashes, if I try to visit
http://www.heise.de/ct/schachduell/
(This should be a Dual-Athlon vs. Dual-Pentium chess-program based test
over several days).

After installation of the jdk I just symlinked

/usr/local/linux-jdk1.4.0.01/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so
/usr/local/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/

about:plugins shows the java-related plugins fine.

Any experiences with this combination anybody?
Which combo of mozilla and jdk is expected to work better?

Ciao
Siegbert