Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:57:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hmm... still NFS problems for Alpha?

    I missed one.  Also try #if 0'ing out the pmap_zero_page_area()
    call in vm_page_zero_invalid(), also in vm/vm_page.c.

    I'm working on a more permanent fix but it is not trivial enough
    to post at the moment.  Basically, the problem is that NFS's piecemeal
    writes confuse the VM system.  The new code that zeros invalid portions
    of buffers, that the temporary patch #if 0's out, is stomping on pieces
    of the NFS system.  The bug is in NFS, though, not the new code.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:*after* the VM patch, I still get:
:
: make depend && make
:cc -c -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include  -DKERNEL -include
:opt_global.h  -UKERNEL ../../alpha/alpha/genassym.c
:cc -static -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I/usr/include  -DKERNEL -include
:opt_global.h  genassym.o -o genassym
:./genassym >assym.s
:Illegal instruction - core dumped
:*** Error code 132
:
:Stop.
:farrago.feral.com > uname -a
:FreeBSD farrago.feral.com 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Apr 12
:23:02:43 PDT 1999     mjacob@farrago.feral.com:/tmp/sys/compile/FARRAGO
:alpha
:
:(same source builds in local or mfs based filesystems fine)
:
:
:Anybody else still having NFS problems with alpha?
:
:
:
: