Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:56:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, phk@critter.tfs.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdn code

> The Teles driver only supports HDLC and does not support PPP, though I
> think they are working on PPP support.  I think most FreeBSD Teles Users
> in Germany prefer HDLC because it has less overhead than PPP, so most of
> the effort goes there.  This doesn't help for those who need to connect to
> other vendors devices that are most likely use PPP.

Sounds like a situation where you'd want to say "American, if you want
support, write it", not "German, we are going to drop your driver unless
you support American hardware and protocols".

Sound like the code isn't being Americanized; that's far different than
it not being maintained.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---