Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 11:43:49 -0400
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        josh@ican.net
Subject:   vnode_pager_putpages errors

Hi,

I've been getting the following messages from the kernel:

/kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: I/O error 1
/kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: residual I/O 4096 at 22

They seem to be occuring about twice per minute on average. I searched the
archives, and noticed somebody else with a similar problem, which dg commented
may be related to the NFS server disallowing requests.

The problem is that no NFS activity is taking place. NFS isnt even compiled
into the kernel. There 5 2 gig disks comprising /dev/ccd0 however.

Kernel is RELENG_2_2 from roughly Sunday evening.

Any suggestions?

josh

--
"I'm genetically a pain in the butt."