Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:57:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        n@nectar.com (Jacques A . Vidrine), rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP changes and breaking kld object module compatibility

> Gee, is that perhaps because FreeBSD keeps breaking the ABI to modules
> so every vendor that has ever tried to use them has been bitten by the
> fact that they have to maintain N version for each branch of FreeBSD???

Can you list some specific examples?  I'm not trying to be a wise-ass,
I'm trying to figure out which vendors are using KLDs in general since
I've still yet to actually bump into a real-life example of this kind
of breakage in the field.  I'm not saying that it's never happened,
I'm simply saying that I've not seen it and would like some details on
such incidents - company name and module type will do fine.

- Jordan