Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:28:52 +0100
From:      Oliver Peter <hoschi@vader.homeunix.org>
To:        Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jail and adjkerntz

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 09:21:33AM +0100, Albert Shih wrote:
> Hi all
>=20
> I've strange message every 30 min from mail jail (by mail to root) like
>=20
> 	adjkerntz[21050]: sysctl(put_wallclock): Operation not permitted        =
                                         =20
> what's that mean ?=20

FreeBSD System Manager's Manual           ADJKERNTZ(8)

     adjkerntz -- adjust local time CMOS clock to reflect time zone changes
     and keep current timezone offset for the kernel

You can not do that within a jail.

Just comment out the following line from /etc/crontab:

# Adjust the time zone if the CMOS clock keeps local time, as opposed to
# UTC time.  See adjkerntz(8) for details.
#1,31   0-5     *       *       *       root    adjkerntz -a

--=20
Oliver Peter, email: hoschi@vader.homeunix.org, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw--