Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 09:17:38 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        root@synthcom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOS File system fixes

On Sun, 7 Jan 96, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I could handle that.
>
> Really?  Seriously, the poor state of msdosfs has been a real thorn in
> our side for quite some time - the mutant cousin we keep locked in the
> basement and are too embarassed to talk about.. :-)

Nice image! :-)

> It would be really really great if someone were to roll up their
> sleaves and wade in there, fixing and reimplimenting as necessary.
> You may also end up learning more about the FreeBSD VM system than you
> wanted to in the process, but there's no harm in that! :-)

The opportunity to learn more about FreeBSD VM and other internals at a
deeper level is the main reason I'm particularly interested, so I'd
certainly like to sign up for this. However, I see that Neil Bradley is
also keen, and he should probably get first shot at it, since he applied
first. Otherwise, I've got about five weeks from 1 Feb mostly free when
I could make a start on it.

--
Robert
rnordier@iafrica.com