Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:27:37 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mozilla silently failing?

--=-VOviHBy96dU2bsmr58Li

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:57, Mike Harding wrote:
> Another interesting thing - I moved my .mozilla file to a backup
> location and mozilla is working much better - yahoo, etc, other sites
> are fine, but www.memepool.com instantly crashes, and I think that
> site is about as simple as it gets - no flash or gifs even, just text
> and a favicon.ico.

This site works fine for me.  I imagine you have a font issue (bad font)
that's exposed with the new fontconfig.  Try creating a ~/.fonts.conf
with the following:

<?xml version=3D"1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
        <match target=3D"pattern" name=3D"family">
                <test qual=3D"any" name=3D"family">
                        <string>Helvetica</string>
                </test>
                <edit name=3D"family" mode=3D"assign">