Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 22:39:07 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        Steven Conner <sconner@cycon.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-Writers and Kernel Configurations

> Currently, I'm in the process of trying to install an HP 4020i CD Burner
> on my FreeBSD box.  I was wondering if I might get some help in setting
> the Kernel up to recognize the device and to make it so I can use it
> through worm.

     As far as the kernel goes, you need the worm device:

	device 		worm0	at scbus?	# SCSI worm

(and, of course, you've got to make the corresponding /dev device using
MAKEDEV.)

> Any help would be appreciated.  I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.5.

     I don't think the 4020i can be used under 2.1.5 (other than as a
CDROM drive).  I've got some patches from Joerg that supposedly allow
one to use the 4020i with 2.1.5; if he hasn't sent them to you, send
email.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.