Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:03:15 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        mingo lu <freebiebsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd 4.5 and bash for root shell

.gmon is the standard profiling extension. i am not sure what you mean
by turn "out" the profiling features, but rebuild bash with the
profiling turned off.

alternatively, you should install bash from the freebsd ports tree.
simply do:

pkg_add -r bash

that will fetch bash, install it to the PROPER location
(/usr/local/bin), and add it to the /etc/group file.

then, for user toor, you can make its shell /usr/local/bin/bash

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."
        -Lilo, "Lilo & Stitch"