Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:00:19 +1000
From:      "Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre@telebot.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   GPF on install

Hi, I'm trying to install 3.2-Release on an old P200MMX with 64MB RAM..
I've got no trouble booting the install CD, but when I try to "commit" the
installation, freeBSD reports:
    panic : general protection fault
    syncing disks 7 7 7 7 7 ( <--sometimes an 80 something number)
(sometimes it fails, other         times it succeeds)
        And then it reboots.

This generally happens on the newfs bit, but some times it happens after
extracting some or all distributions. Could this be a hardware problem? My
disk geometry is set correctly, and I only (plan to) have freeBSD on this
machine. (Hope to set it up as a proxy).
All the probes seem to go fine.

Any ideas?