Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2013 06:20:39 +1000
From:      grenville armitage <garmitage@swin.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   New: FreeBSD TCP stack inside NS3 simulations

All,

Hopefully of interest to this list (and apologies in
advanced if you see this on multiple mailing lists).

I'm please to announce the v0.1 release of our NS-3/NSC
environment for doing network traffic simulations, using
the actual FreeBSD TCP stack inside the simulations.

The tool itself has been released as a VirtualBox virtual
machine (VM) appliance. This VM provides a FreeBSD 9-based
turn-key environment to experiment with the CAIA NS-3/NSC
modifications. Patched versions of the NS-3 and NSC code
are provided, along with ready-to-compile-and-run example
simulation code (multi-leaf dumbbell topology and incast
topology using FreeBSD 9's TCP stack in the simulated
end hosts). Simple scripts to produce initial plots of
simulation output are also provided as a starting point.

The VirtualBox ova can be found at http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/incast/tools.html

Many more details can be found in the README at http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/incast/tools/README.caia-freebsd9-amd64-caia-ns3-release-0.1.txt

This work is the culmination of significant effort by
Lawrence Stewart (lstewart@freebsd.org) as part of his PhD
work, and was supported in part by a gift from the Cisco
University Research Program Fund.

cheers,
gja
--
Professor Grenville Armitage
Director, Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures