Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:13:03 -0300
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <kyle@midnighttech.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Setting up sendmail

>I am setting up sendmail and have a gateway to the internet running natd,
>ipfw, dhcpd, and named.  When I sendmail from my internal clients I get
>"Relaying denied".  I add the destination domain to the sendmail.cw file
and
>do a Kill -INT, and then I can send to that domain.  But I don't want to
>have to setup a list for every possible domain.
>
>Is there a way to allow mail relaying if the from field is a valid IP
>address on our internal net or if the sender is a registered user?

Yep, quite easy, if you're running on non-routable IPs on an internal
network(192.168, 10. etc)
you just add 192.168.8 as I've done on mine to /etc/mail/access
Here is mine
192.168.8     RELAY

Then
# makemap hash access < access
and
# killall - hup sendmail

I'm also new to this, so if anyone sees anything wrong with these
instructions jump in, all I know if that they've worked for me.:)

Matthew Rudderham