Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:39:49 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Subject:   Re: Panic from linux emulation (flashplugin)

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 02:48:19PM -0600, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:24:25 -0600, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
> wrote:
>
> >  I see you use the nvidia blob (I use radeon with xorg drivers), did
> > you rebuild the nvidia driver port after upgrading to 8.2?  Or maybe
> > this has something to do with the vdpau support that was added to
> > flash with the last update and that others reported as possibly not
> > working properly on FreeBSD...
>
> Aha! This is probably it!
>
> I just upgraded my workstation at work to 8.2 (also nvidia) and I am not
> having the crash but I also don't have that newer flash version that
> includes vdpau support. I will downgrade the flash version at home and
> report back.

So on the box that got the panic the nvidia driver port was rebuilt
after the src/kernel upgrade?

> It would possibly also be wise to contact the maintainer and have him mark
> the port as BROKEN or conflicting or something if you're running nvidia so
> people don't run into this issue.

 The maintainer is emulation@... :)  But yes if its confirmed and
can't be fixed we should probably patch the flash binary to stop
it from trying to load libvdpau (like by patching the filename to
something nonexisting?)

	Juergen