Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:11:55 -0500
From:      GH <grasshacker@over-yonder.net>
To:        Lanny Baron <lnb@freedomtc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sqwebmail authentication woes

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 10:18:09PM -0400, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Hi,
> I have qmail, sqwebmail, vpopmail installed. What might be the cause of
> getting "invalid username / password" when going to the website? The
> thing is, using regular email with user@domain with the password works
> just fine (fhe fact that this mail gets to you is my proof).
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

We ran into this problem during a recent install of the same setup.
Make sure that you have --enable-webpass=no or --disable-webpass
(whichever works, it has been a while -- and a frustrating experience it
was).

It is a bloody unintuitive switch...

g'luck.

gh

--
	> What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
	My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)
	    -- Suresh Ramasubramanian, alt.sysadmin.recovery