Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:50:04 PST
From:      Jason DiCioccio <geniusj@bluenugget.net>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        sjohn@airlinksys.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Jason.DiCioccio@Epylon.com
Subject:   Re: Security Announcements

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:34:28 -0700 "Bruce A. Mah" wrote:

[snip]

> Another choice is to not grab the latest 4-STABLE, but use a 4-STABLE
> from some time in the recent past that was reasonably bug-free.  See the
> date= keyword to cvsup(8).
>
> Bruce.

And how would I know which day/time was considered reasonably bug-free.
I do not know of any webpages or anything that tell you this, nor does
any given time in the -STABLE branch get as much testing as a -RELEASE..
Like I said earlier, I actually do track -STABLE, but unless they're
using 4.0, etc.  I can see why one would stick with the -RELEASE..
(although I would never stick with a ?.0-RELEASE :))

Cheers,
-JD-