Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:35:37 -0800
From:      Mark <mark@darklogik.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

> Who me?, no, I just use wiki's for my sites and edit the templates, I'm
> to lazy to do it any other way as It's a pain in the ass to keep an html
> site updated.

I've kept quiet up until now but I'm afraid I have to step in and
respectfully disagree here. If a site is hard to update, that indicates
poor design and lack of forethought rather than anything else.

XHTML, CSS and a little bit of PHP or Perl are all that is needed to
create a clean, beautiful and above all, maintainable site.

As a nice example, take a look at this site to see how minimal and
readable XHTML can be if done properly (look at the source):

http://www.csszengarden.com/

Plain HTML is often mistakenly viewed as simpler and easier but that
couldn't be further from the truth. A combination of XHTML and CSS
allows you to seperate formatting from page arrangement and make
your life much easier. :)

Have a good christmas, list. :)
Mark