Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:59:34 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What ever happened to FreeBSD 6.2 RELEASE?

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 11:31:02AM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote..
> I have been following the release candidates for some time.  Suddenly,
> progress seems to have halted, but checking this list from time to time
> have revealed no discussion that I have noticed.
>
> According to this site, it was expected more than one month ago?
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/schedule.html
>
> Can anybody explain what is going on?

Holy smokes... don't you people ever read the mailing lists?  There have
been numerous posts explaining that various problems, incl. hardware
failures in the FreeBSD.org machine farm have delayed the release process.

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko@FreeBSD.org