Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:05:18 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Simon Epsteyn <seva@fnal.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>
Subject:   Re: AiroNet 'No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")' problem (4.2-STABLE)

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10101041216310.516-300000@null.cc.uic.edu> Simon Epsteyn writes:
: > Classig memory conflict.
:
: But other cards (Adaptec SCSI) do work?

I'm not sure what's going on then.  It might have something to do with
the size of offset of the CIS that is causing problems.

: There are 2 memory addresses that are are configured, one during kernel
: build in the kernel config, and another for pcccardd.  Are they supposed to
: be the same?

No.  They aren't.  One is for reading the CIS, while the other one for
use by the card drivers.

: I have tried both 0xd4000 and 0xd8000 for kernel and pccardd and I get same
: results.

That's odd.

What might be the problem is that some cards are 3.3V only, and that
might be causing problems based on  your bridge driver.

: I've checked the code and the vpp voltage is being set correctly to 5V

What does the nose of the card look like?

The left one is low (3.3V) voltage, while the right one is high (5.x)
volts.  If it is low voltage, maybe there's a bug in the bridge driver
so it doesn't apply 3.3V?

Warner