Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:36:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   cant' get apsfilter to print color

Greetings:

I have just installed and configured apsfilter 6.0.0_6 in conjunction with
ghostscript 6.50_4, on FreeBSD 4.3 BETA and have a Hewlett-Packard DeskJet
670C printer, and have selected the correct ghostscript driver for my
printer.

Prior to apsfilter, I tried  the appropiate lpfitlters from the
manual. I tried lprps and I tried the two solutions mentioned in The
Complete FreeBSD, 3rd edition.

I am very pleased to have it working and printing both plain ascii text
files and PostScript files as well, neither of which I could do before
installing apsfilter.

However I cannot seem to get it to print in color. I have tried both the
default color setting and several of the available color depths 16bpp and
24 bpp but I still get colors as grayscale.

The asfilter documemtation does not really describe my problem.

I am definately selecting color on the applications which generate the PS
documents.

If anyone has any expertise with this, I would be grateful for any
suggestions.

Ken Seggerman

ken_seggerman@suleyman.com