Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 08:24:57 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        "Shin'ya Kumabuchi" <kumabu@t3.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: file.encoding property (Re: Alpha JDK 1.2.2 patchset 7)

Shin'ya Kumabuchi wrote:
> Hi.

Konnichi wa Shin'ya-san!

> # I'm sorry for my poor English.

But its so much better than my Nihongo that I'm not even going to attempt
to continue :).

> There's no setup code for file.encoding property (because of
> insufficient i18n support in FreeBSD??).
> So I wrote ad-hoc patch for file.encoding, but this seems not to be
> smart :-( How about jdk1.1.8?

Hmmm, I haven't looked into the file.encoding stuff I must admit.  Work is
very bsuy for me at the moment.

> # in runtime, need symlink to existing i18n.jar(e.g. blackdown's
> # jdk1.2.2 port), since it seems there's no i18n classes in
> # jdk1_2_2-src.tar.gz.

Ok, I could probably include this in the patchset tarball and tell people
where they should move it to in the instructions.

> Additionally, linking libxpg4.so into libjava.so seems not to take
> effect for me. (i.e. I must type `env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libxpg4.so
> /somewhere/bin/java ...')
> So I fixed build/freebsd/makefiles/Defs-freebsd.gmk too.

Right, I'd hoped to avoid adding xpg4 to the main linking libraries, but
its starting to look inevitable, so lets just do it.

I assume the patch to java_props_md.c is to load the correct encoding?

> Thanks.

Thank you :).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au