Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:07:58 -0800
From:      Jason DiCioccio <geniusj@bluenugget.net>
To:        Fergus Cameron <cameron@argus-systems.com>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is PortSentry really safe to use?

--==========2929185348==========

It would probably be safe to block based on established TCP connections=20
however I would be wary of UDP, ICMP and non-established TCP sessions.=20
Sound good?

Also generally I wouldn't think the gateway would help for
inbound spoofed packets, unless they were spoofing something
that was obviously fake like 127.0.0.1, 192.168.*, etc.

Cheers,
-JD-

--On Monday, March 18, 2002 6:34 PM +0000 Fergus Cameron=20