Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:16:49 +1000
From:      "list" <timbo@halenet.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   suidperl

Hi

I have just looked through the archives regarding FreeBSD and suidperl.

Can anyone tell me what security issues there may be with enabling suidperl
and what the best way to achieve this would be?

TIA

Tim

______________________________________
Scanned and protected by HaleNET using Inflex and Sophos Antivirus

HaleNET Your Local Internet SERVICE Provider http://www.halenet.com.au

Disclaimer:

While we at HaleNET take viruses very seriously and
are taking all practical steps to prevent them from
reaching you, we cannot guarrantee that any viruses
will not reach you. We urge customers to update their
anti virus software regularly. HaleNET updates ours
every 2 hours.  Please contact HaleNET if you need
a Sophos anti virus.

In the past 6 months we have blocked between 100
and 3000 per day.  This service is provided on thei
basis that no liability will be accepted by HaleNET.
If any customer does not wish us to scan their email
prior to delivery then please email us.

Most ISP's do not scan email or charge a fee for
email scanning, this is in part why these viruses are
allowed to distrubute themselves.   Many of the National
ISP's actually make money out of letting viruses
increase the data downloads of customers or to wholesale
customers such as ISP's like HaleNET.

This service we are providing to HaleNET customers may
have just saved the recipient as much as $150, plus the
inconvenience of having to remove this virus.