Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 1998 05:40:02 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cvsup + SetAttrs problem

I have a rather puzzling problem that I didn't find any reference to in
the docs. My standard umask is 027 (for various reasons) however I like
to keep my source files with 644 permissions so that I can read them
without being root. However, each time I run cvsup I noticed that is
setting the permissions back to match my umask. I am wondering if there
is some way to specify the desired behavior in the supfile?  The
preserve keyword doesn't seem to be what I want.

	I could do this with a wrapper script of course, but I'm hoping that I
am missing something obvious. :)

Thanks,

Doug
--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest