Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      paleph@pacbell.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem installing xfree86 under 4.6.2

Hi

I have a 4.5 system that I've been trying to upgrade to 4.6.2. Everything
goes well upto the point that I try to install xfree86. Using either
sysinstall or the command line install program, I get the following
error:

XFree86 configuraiton process seems to have filed. Do you want to try again.`

I have no trouble installing xfree86 under 4.5 (ELSA Gloria-XL card).

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there any work around available?

Paul Fronberg
paleph@pacbell.net