Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:48:50 +0600
From:      Vitaly Semkin <freebsd@online.sinor.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up HP LJ1100

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 02:00:04PM +0300, Artem Koutchine wrote:
> I've done it here. You need:
>     1) ghostscript
>     2) some russian fonts for ghost script
>
> Play with the config files for ghostscript and printer daemon.
> Now you can print postscript with russian. However, all russian
> fonts that i found  for ghostcript are terrible and print from
> Netscape looks really ugly (letters go over other letters, pictures,
> borders etc). Don;t know about word processors for X.
>
> ghostcript is in the ports and some filters are there too:
> all the other parts you can get from
> ftp://osiris.ipform.ru/pub/russian-p

Is it possible to take gs fonts from Black Cat Linux distribution?
They are very nice. Can I just copy the fonts directory or it won't
work?
Developers of BCL also provide a patch called "netscape-print-patch".
It makes printing from netscape very easy and output is not ugly.
I'll try to apply the patch after setting up the printer.