Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:11:24 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        danfe@regency.nsu.ru (Alexey Dokuchaev), Jos Backus <jos@catnook.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scripting language in base system?

> From: Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
> Date: Tue 16 Jul, 2002
> Subject: Re: scripting language in base system?

> A good package system isn't really intended for them anyway since the
> 30-year veterans usually just grab the sources off their favorite
> archive site and compile it themselves anyway.

Unfortunately, we can't reasonably expect our customers to do the same...

That's why this veteran is taking an interest in packaging systems.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses