Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2003 06:37:23 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and mymail

Jonas Fornander schrieb:,

> We upgraded sendmail to the latest version on our fbsd4.7p7 box. We have
> mymail (a php mailer program) on the same server. Now when we try to
> send out from mymail, sendmail doesn't send it out. We searched the
> archives and saw that there has been problems with sendmail and the
> tightened security however no solution was provided. It seems like the
> php function mail() doesn't work correctly.

it works fine here.
sendmail-8.12.8 / php-4.3.1

sendmail[84990]: h2N5ReMw084990: from=www, size=2254, class=0, nrcpts=1,
	msgid=<200303230527.h2N5ReMw084990@xxx>, relay=www@localhost
sm-mta[84991]: h2N5ReaB084991: from=<www@xxx>, size=2630, class=0, nrcpts=1,
	msgid=<200303230527.h2N5ReMw084990@xxx>, proto=ESMTP,
	daemon=MTA, relay=www@xxxx
sendmail[84990]: h2N5ReMw084990: to=dirk.meyer@dinoex.de, ctladdr=www (80/80),
	delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30056,
	relay=xxx,

do you need "register_globals = On" for you application?
Defaults are now Off,  but some application may need the old/unsafe) style.
please check your php.ini.

What errors do you get?

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]