Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:20:03 GMT
From:      Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/120515: [acpi] [patch] acpi_alloc_wakeup_handler: can't alloc wake memory

The following reply was made to PR kern/120515; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To: Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>
Cc: freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/120515: [acpi] [patch] acpi_alloc_wakeup_handler: can't
 alloc wake memory
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:49:02 +0200

 Alan Cox wrote:
 >  new physical memory allocator in HEAD and RELENG_7 already addresses this problem in a systematic way.
 >
 >  I see no reason not to apply this patch to RELENG_6.

 	At the first, I analyzed problem for myself. My 6.x based instalations
 affected by the problem are hacked already as I decide not to wait
 several months for next release.

 	Well, I offered the analysis and hack to the public also.

 	To apply it into RELENG_6 or not apply it into RELENG_6 - it is
 commiters decision. I have no problem with either decision.

 					Dan