Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 1995 21:39:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@sirius.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Subject:   Re: machine reboot & kernel maxusers option

> >> i agree with you - i think this should be the sense of a "-v" flag - normally
> >> you should'ne see what's missing (if it is something impotant you'll see it if
> >> something is'nt working :-) - but you shoud have a chance to look more careful
> >> at all the device probes (using boot -v)
>
> >I'll go along with that.  "Not found" also scares off people who don't
> >realize that it's a normal state of affairs.
>
> It's only normal (and not good) for GENERIC and other bloated kernels.

but why not putting it behind an kernel option (VERBOSE or something like) -
then everybody may do it like he likes it - with VERBOSE all probes (positiv
and negative) are always displayed - without only positiv and the negatives
only when booted using the "-v" option

just'n idea - t
                                                  __||
 Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||       thomas graichen
 longer anything to add, but when there   __||      freie universitaet berlin
 is no longer anything to take away   __||              fachbereich physik
                                  __||
 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||
 ___________________________||____email: graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de____