Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 07:46:26 +0300
From:      "John G. Chronakis" <vmbsd@satspeed.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just questions

Hello,

I have installed FreeBSD 4.1.1 Release yesterday and I have some
questions.

1. How do I uninstall a distribution package?
   (i.e. src/sys after compiling a new kernel)

2. Some ports have many dependencies that "make" fetches
   and compiles before the requested port (like kde meta port).
   Is there a way to tell make to clean each required package
   before fetching and compiling the next?

3. When I try to mount my ext2fs linux partition
   (hda3 on linux and I suppose ad0s3 on freebsd)
   I get the following error from mount_ext2fs:

   # mount_ext2fs /dev/ad0s3 /mnt
   mount_ext2fs: vfsload(ext2fs): No such file or directory

   I didn't have any trouble mounting win partitions

Thanks

John