Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:31:51 +0100
From:      antonio.herrera-alcantara@bt.com
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpeg video streaming.

Dear all,
I'm trying to stream mpeg video over IPv6, I used to do it using http with
apache/mozilla running over the KAME IPv6 stack with the KAME patches, and
using the Mtv mpeg player as a helper with the following configuration:

DESC: MPEG video
mime types: video/mpeg
suffixes: mpeg, mpg

application: mtv -; stream-buffer-size=20000

This used to work fine for a while, when clicking a link to a .mpg file the
browser promted the question: Save to file or play form network?.  And
choosing playing from network the server streamed the file to the client and
this piped the data to the mpeg player.

After a software upgrade this doen't work anymore, the question to choose
play from network doen't come up, and the brwoser downloads the file
straight away and after that launches the mpeg player.

The mtv player works fine with the imput redirected from stdin, therefore
the problem must be in the browser or some bit of configuration in the
server.

I'd appreciate any pointers to fix this.

Thank you in advance,

Antonio Herrera.

PS: I'm not suscribed to this list, please cc any reply to my address. Thank
you.