Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 02:48:10 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISA pcmcia bridge; Intel i82365 not working in 4.0

I just upgraded my home desktop machine to 4.0 to make use of the SBLive
support. Binary 4.0 install, cvsup to -stable, built a new kernel, etc.

I get;
pcic0: <Intel i82365> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd8000 irq 9 on isa0
pcic0: management irq 9
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard2: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard3: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0

It recognises I have 4 slots. I'm using the same irq and memory configs
as I did with 3.3-PAO on this machine and I get ... nothing when I slot
a card in.  No insertion event, nothing.  Two of the LEDs on the
network card I'm testing with flash briefly on insertion.

So I go around the back of the machine to try slots 0 and 1 (3 and 4
are on a tray at the front of the machine, so I tend to use those)
and try again.  I got one;

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
Apr  8 01:27:58 peem pccardd[52]: No card in database for ""("")
pccard: card removed, slot 0

which I can't reproduce.

I've tried other memory locations, etc, no joy.
Any suggestions ?

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu