Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 13:37:14 -0600
From:      "McClain Looney" <mcclain@reliant.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   broken tcl libs

Hi there.

I ran a particuarly malicious find command a while back and hosed up all my
tcl libraries.  This of course, broke vi (my mind boggles at what else it
might have broken).

when i try to start vi, i get the following error:

ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libtcl.so.75.1"

which would indicate that it cant find the libtcl.so.75.1 file, which,
indeed, does not exist on my system anymore.  I attemped to synch my sources
(i'm running 2.2.2-RELEASE, dont ask.) with cvsup. I tried to "make lib",
but this died, as did make world, make vi and pretty much anything i tried.
Do I have any choices besides reinstalling the whole os?

Oh, in case you're wondering, the find command was something very similar to
this:  find /usr  -name *tcl* -exec mv {} {}.bak \;  (oh the horror).

Thanks

mcclain