Date:      11 Nov 2000 14:23:04 +0300
From:      weecktor nemckoff <sb@vlink.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install/upgrade to FreeBSD-4.1.1

Hi there..

   I have an old CD-ROM device, it can't boot up install program from CD.  At
   the same time my floppy-drive is dead enough, so I can't format and create
   any bootable disk..  My current OS is FreeBSD-3.3, can I upgrade it up to
   FreeBSD-4.1.1 just by unpacking sources from cd-rom directories bin/, doc/,
   src/, what-else-i-need/, then compile kernel as in ordinary case?  (I
   didn't forget to backup /etc ;-)

   Thanks for your attention.

bye..