Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 19:15:24 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla and 4.2-RELEASE

Quoting Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>:

> Previous versions of mozilla needed to be run as root the first time
> so they can create some files in the install directory. I don't know
> if this is still the case.
>
> Mozilla is also notoriously picky about old versions of files in
> ~/.mozilla - try blowing away that directory as well.
>
> Kris

When I'll get home I'll merge the patch obrien posted, and rebuild it.
(and perhaps get back to pkg_security :)
No, I didn't run it as root - never ever. I don't run programs as root, and I
didn't run it on my home computer (and on other laptop I had) as root.
As I stated, it was a fresh install, so no .mozilla directory was there.
I suspect that it IS some sort of compiler bug.
I'll rebuild it and send details, hopefully later today.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]