Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:13:24 -0500
From:      GH <grasshacker@over-yonder.net>
To:        andy t <g_et1@hotmail.com>
Cc:        otterr@telocity.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help!! telnet localhost denied

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 12:48:09AM -0000, some SMTP stream spewed forth:

> i've uncomented telnet on /etc/inetd.conf, but still i have that permission
> denied

Would it be logical to suggest ensuring that inetd is actually running?
I believe the default in -current is now 'off'.

gh
--
> What, no one sings along with Ricky Martin anymore?
My kid sister does (but then, she prefers pico to vi ...)
    -- Suresh Ramasubramanian, alt.sysadmin.recovery