Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:58:53 -0500
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD is running out of time

Not pretending to understand all of the issues, but won't this be rendered
moot on a 64-bit architecture?  Do we still expect people to be running
32-bit FreeBSD in 40 years?  (Yeah, yeah, I know...did we expect to be
running COBOL on mainframes in 2000?)

On that note, does FreeBSD have any timetables in place for moving to
64-bit and/or dropping 32-bit?

K.S.