Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:06:53 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This is not a re-opening of the shell wars.. :)

Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> > Apparently there are a few people in the middle. I would suppose that
> > there's very few. I'd be more inclined to assume that he was making up
> > an excuse not to like FreeBSD. I've seen people do this a lot, it's just
> > an excuse to cover up the fact that they didn't want to like it to begin
> > with - somebody probably pushed him into trying it when he didn't want
> > to, and he used it just long enough to find an excuse to report back to
> > the pusher.
> > If I'm right, the solution is to not push people into things they don't
> > want to try. If I'm wrong, then just ignore my babbling.
> >
> Oh I wasn't thinking of placating him in particular.
> I was thinking more of making sure that it is clearer that FBSD has
> support for a tremendous number of software tools, including everyone's
> favourite shell. I am still discovering gems in the /.../bin directories :)

OK, like I said earlier, it surely wouldn't hurt anything. I just don't
think it would help much as it is assumed that any UN*X variant will run
most any shell.
I could be wrong, however. Perhaps there are a lot of newbies out there
who somehow have a devotion to a shell but don't understand that they
can install it. Like I said before, it couldn't hurt.

-Bill