Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:34:48 +0000
From:      "Mike C." <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
To:        lambert@lambertfam.org, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: connect -1 errno 1 Operation not permitted with specific user (nagios)

Yes I know about

> security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1

Like I said I can do this with "root" just not with the user nagios, I guess If raw_sockets was set to 0 on the host, I would have problems with any user!

----
Putting this in /etc/rc.conf:

jail_${JailName}_parameters="allow.raw_sockets=1"

does not allow every jail access to raw sockets.  There is an example in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Now this is something I wasn't aware of this one... very nice and thanks for the tip on ez-jails, I'm indeed using ez-jails!

Yes there any other setting that would forbid non root users to use raw sockets?

Thanks